Friday, August 1, 2008

Brazil Trip - Day 7

Hi, this is Kyle and I'm a bad blogger. I wish Phil would do this for me. I can't think of anything to write. My foot hurts so bad. I feel useless. I'm homesick and just sit around crying all day. I miss my mom. I wish I was Phil (except for the bald part). Ethan hardly ever checks on me. It's such a bummer.

I'm kidding, this is Phil with your daily blog. I made that first part up. Seriously, Kyle did excellent today. Helped with a lot at VBS and the work site! Ethan has been awesome too, doing a great job serving his brother.

Today was our final day of our servant ministries. We started this morning with the story of Noah in VBS. Casey, Dave and Ben did the teaching for us. We also finished teaching the dance routine to those that were there.

All your kids are doing wonderfully. I did fail to mention yesterday that Jessica hurt her foot too. Amazingly she also hurt it while playing barefoot outside. We need to bring all the moms next time so these kids quit running around without shoes on. They sure don't listen to me. So, yeah, it's a lot like WOL!

Katy felt a little sick this morning but recovered and did a great job today. All the kids have done great this week.

Jake and Jake led the basketball (basquete in Portuguese) and then kickball this afternoon.

We finished up the construction project this afternoon as well. Tom did a great job leading this project for our team. We whitewashed the walls and did the electrical work. We also moved dirt in the front yard to even out the ground. The girls did a lot of the whitewashing and Tracy helped with a lot of the dirt moving.

This evening we had a worship service with the kids. First with the younger kids and then with the teens. It was a great time of fellowship and worship. We did our big drama and of course the dance. We did it three times! We even got Bill out there for the finale...and Jake Goodman! It was great.

Afterwards we said our good-byes to the kids. Then I threw Jake Goodman in the pool! He was acting up.

Pictures may be forthcoming. Tomorrow perhaps. Love you all. Thanks so much for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we assume Kyle didn't hurt his foot too bad, as we saw he didn't get out of doing dishes yesterday. Glad to see you are all having a good time. See you soon and praying for y'all.

Don, Karen, & Kyle & Ethan's favorite sister (Lindz)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your daily reports, glad the misistry has gone well. Ready to see Melissa back home :)
Dad

Anonymous said...

Greetings from(steamy)Iowa to the Gillespies and the entire mission trip crew!
It has been wonderful reading the brief summaries of each day.
Know that many hearts are right beside you and many prayers surround you!
Blessings and hope for many lasting effects in Brazil and on your safe travels home!
Jeff & Diane OKones